File open errors after unlocking folder

Started by jxupi, November 20, 2012, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jxupi

Hi,
yesterday I installed the Espionage 3 trial version.

I protected one folder with a few Excel and PDF documents.

Today I unlocked the folder but when I tried to open any document of the folder I got an error saying that the files cannot be opened and they may be damaged

What can I do now? I did not even have time to make a backup of the files!!!!

zsolt

Hello,

can you unlock the protected folder?
once unlocked, does the folder contain all the files you had in it when you protected it?
can you please check your trash, the original folder might still be there.
do the files in unlocked folder have a proper size?

Pls let me know
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

jxupi

Hi,

I can unlock the folder without any problem.

The folder has all the files it had originally and the file size also seems to be well but when I try to open any file it says it may be damaged and cannot be opened.

What could I do?

zsolt

Hello,
Did you check the trash, because when you protect a folder, the original is moved into trash, so it might still be there.
Other that that, if the files are there and the sizes are OK, then this is really unusual. Can you try to drag one file out of the protected folder and then try to open it from that other location?

If we do not get any further, then I would suggest a remote session where I could take a look into this matter.

I will be available around this time tomorrow, so if needed, let me know.
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

jxupi

Hi,
I tried all you said with the same negative results. Almost all the files are still wrong and cannot be opened (only 3 of 103 can be opened).

If you want we can try with the remote session.

We can try it now (2pm) till 3pm or from 7pm (I am from spain. gmt+1)

zsolt

Hello, I'm sorry I saw your post only now. Lets set some time for this tomorrow. I should be at home at around 8PM, is that OK with you, I'm also in GMT+1.

Rgds
Zsolt

jxupi

Hi,

I cannot connect tonight at 8pm.

I'll be at home tomorrow afternoon and sunday. If you can connect on weekends it's perfect for me. If not, we can try it next monday from 7pm if it's ok for you.

Thanks,

zsolt

Weekend works fine for me, saturday evening or sunday morning, or probably most of the day. Pls mail me at mailto:macme@macmesupport.com">macme@macmesupport.com when you have a time which would be OK for you.
Rgds
Zsolt