Unlocking File makes Finder search no longer function

Started by thymara, November 30, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thymara

software Yosemite OS X 10.10.1 (14B25), Espionage 3.6.2
after unlocking an Espionage folder Search in Finder never finds anything.
Spotlight continues to work
this is repeatable, at least for my system

• boot machine
  • start finder and Finder search works perfectly
  • Espionage running but nothing unlocked
  • finder search still works
  • unlock folder
  • Finder now unable to find files, spotlight still works

zsolt

Hello, indeed you are right, we are aware of the problem and is on our to do list.
Good that at least spotlight works.
Did you change the spotlight preference for any folder in Espionage? It seems that this is what triggers the problem.

Thanks for reporting this

Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

thymara

Zsolt

My use of Spotlight has been limited to Spotlight Privacy +- to index the folder(s) on several occasions but most of the time there is nothing in Privacy.

zsolt

Were you changing the spotlight preferences for the protected folder in espionage (click onto small "i" near the folder name in espionage main window, and there you can enable it for that folder or disable it - did you change this setting from default)

thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

thymara

I only discovered small i the other day but certainly after I finally tracked this issue down to Espionage, I was originally thinking the issue was probably XtraFinder. I may or may not have changed the Spotlight default but since I don't know what the default is I will say that at the moment Spotlight enabled is checked.

olaf

Hi,
I have the same problem. After unlocking a path, spotlight search in Mail and finder isn't working any more. Reboot doesn't help, only solution for me is to boot the Mac in save mode and repair the access rights.

After disabling the spotlight option for all my Espionage folders, this morning, I could open them and the issue seems to be gone. But now the folders are excluded from spotlight. A solution would be appreciated.

zsolt

Hello Olaf, you are the first reporting that reboot does not help, plus, it is only the finder search which does not work, the spotlight should work all the time, or do you see it different?

Rgds
Zsolt

olaf

Hi Zsolt,

spotlight itself is still working, but the search in Mail and finder (using spotlight) don't work any more. And normally I use the spotlight search out of these two applications and not spotlight itself.

I had just the identical behavior on my old notebook with Yosemite. I changed to a new one on weekend and got the same effect again, before I thought it was due to the older system were the OS did go through 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and now 10.10.

But the new one were I installed all SW from a scratch does have the sam problem when unlocking espionage folders were spotlight search is enabled. Quit disappointing.

Olaf