Destination Backup folder not connected

Started by artisfun, June 03, 2011, 12:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artisfun

I'm sitting here away from the desk working over wi-fi and notice the Espionage message "backups successful".  Then I realized the folder where the backups are sent is on an external hard drive which is not connected to the laptop via USB.  This sequence has happened many times.  Suddenly I had the thought "how could the backups be successful if the destination folder for the backups is not even connected to the laptop?"

Is the backup going somewhere within the application, which resides on the laptop, and then transferred later to the external hard drive when available?  Then I could see the "backups successful" message being correct.  Otherwise, backups should not be completing and a message indicating "destination folder not available, backups aborted" should be displayed.  Or some message indicating backups could not complete.

See where I'm going with this?  What is happening with the backups when the hard drive, containing the backup destination folder, is not available?

Environment Info:
SyncServices is unlocked at login. (this results in a backup being done every 3 hrs, see below).
Preferences/Backup -- When folder locked and every 3 hrs when folder is unlocked.
All folders on the unavailable external drive(s) are locked before disconnecting.
All other folders on the internal hard drive are locked during the above described event.

greg

You might be experiencing a bug in 2.8.11, we posted a silent fix for it that will be included in 2.8.12 once we make sure it actually did fix the problem. Please try the instructions in this thread and let us know if it fixes the problem or not:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=365#p1211
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!