Retain links in Bento Fields for Mail, Pages & iMovie data?

Started by ziji, November 21, 2010, 11:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziji

I hesitate to encrypt Bento and its data folder and all the associated applications and their data folders.

My concern is that the original links in the Bento Fields of emails to and from my clients, of Pages documents and of iMovie data for each client will all be broken as the original data folders will be in the trash. If I understand Espionage, the links in the new encrypted sparse image of my Bento database will not point to the data now located in the newly encrypted data folders for Mail etc. Is this correct?

If so, how do I set it up to maintain those links without having to re-establish each of the links in the new location of the sparse images. There are over 800 records in my Bento database.

greg

Quote from: "ziji"My concern is that the original links in the Bento Fields of emails to and from my clients, of Pages documents and of iMovie data for each client will all be broken as the original data folders will be in the trash. If I understand Espionage, the links in the new encrypted sparse image of my Bento database will not point to the data now located in the newly encrypted data folders for Mail etc. Is this correct?

I would be surprised if that was the case. My recommendation is to quit all open applications prior to encrypting Bento's data, and then after it encrypts successfully, unlock Bento's data, and set it to autounlock at login using the checkbox in Espionage.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

ziji

Hi Greg
it worked perfectly once I realised the Bento data base was in my user/library. All the links have been retained to related application data. The Espionage protected folders and their backups all survived the death of motherboard on previous Macbook. Migrated perfectly to iMac. After such a stress test I am confident using Espionage across the whole of my business. Thank you! Z.