Uninstall won't uninstall everything

Started by chrisjk, February 16, 2012, 04:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisjk

Using uninstall from within Espionage doesn't work. It leaves a folder called com.taoeffect.Espionage.savedState behind which I am unable to delete even as system admin using my password - either from Finder or using the terminal.

Please advise how I can get rid of this folder.

zsolt

Hello, can you please tell me in which tell me in which folder do you see the file?
If you make a get info on it, which permission does it have, can you attach a screenshot of the get info window?
Or if you are familiar with the terminal then an ls -l@ of that folder? And an ls -l@ of the folders content.
Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

chrisjk

The file was located in ~/Library/Saved Application State but I finally managed to delete it a short while ago. It was locked as is the parent folder and after a number of failed attempts I was able to unlock both the folder and the file which I could then delete.

It's another thing about OS X 10.7.x (Lion) that I hate - in this case it saves the data needed for the awful resume thing that restores all open windows after a shutdown.

The problem was clearly nothing to do with Espionage itself.

zsolt

Thanks for your update and clarification.
Lets see which goodies will the 10.8 bring us :-)
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support