Critical Alert Failed to unlock FILE

Started by Timb0x, May 28, 2012, 12:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timb0x

I upgraded to 3.0, unencrypted all folders under Tao 2, deleted Tao 2, then began re-encrypting the folders under Tao 3.   I did a single folder first.  Encrypt, then decrypted it.  No problem.  So then I went to my critical folders and encrypted all of them.  Now I get "Critical Alert! Failed to unlock 'FILES': Failed to mount disk image, error:"  I do not get an error number.   I REALLY need those folders.  How can I undo this?  I really had no problem under Tao 2, should of sticked with it.

Tim  

IMAC i7, OSX Lion 10.7.4

greg

Try restarting your computer and then unlocking them again.

If it doesn't work please send us the system log after reproducing the error. Here are the instructions for how to do that. You can choose to either email them to us or post them here and we'll continue from there.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Timb0x

Ok.  I did that and sent it via email.  If I need to do it again, I'll post it.   Somehow, I missed that part of your message.

Tim

greg

Quote from: "Timb0x"Ok.  I did that and sent it via email.  If I need to do it again, I'll post it.   Somehow, I missed that part of your message.

Tim

Hi Tim, so you're saying the restart didn't work?

Are you sure you sent that email to the right address? I don't see your email, could you please try again?

Timb0x

Version 3

Today, I purchased the Tao Espionage Version 3, from the Apple site (App).  I used my Version 2 to open and decrypt my existing folders.   I then dragged Ver 2 to the trash and emptied it.  I then encrypted a test folder with version 3, then decrypted them.  Worked fine.  I then encrypted my important financial files, that had previously been encrypted under Version 2.  They encrypted fine, but when I went to open them.  I received the Alerts that it can not be done.  The below error messages are from today.  I seem to have a large file of error messages from before today, but they must have been things going on with Version 2 that I did not know about.

When I went to encrypt the files they said I had to find a different folder for the encrypted files.  So the sparcebundle files did go into another folder.   After contacting you before I went back through the blog and the help file.  I then went to the Ver 3 program and clicked around and one of the error messages popped up saying I can copy the folder to another location and use provided password (DELETE-ME!) (something like that).  So I did and that didn't work either.  So one of my folders has been moved to my desktop but still won't open.

May 28 14:25:37 [ispyd] ERROR (289): kevent: Interrupted system call
May 28 14:25:37 [ispyd] ERROR (566): getting data: Bad file descriptor
May 28 14:25:37 [ispyd] WARNING (431): KEXTComm: corrupt message?
(kernel) Kext unloading is disabled (com.taoeffect.ispy.kext).
Failed to unload com.taoeffect.ispy.kext - (libkern/kext) function disabled.
May 28 14:56:58 [ispyd] ERROR (289): kevent: Interrupted system call
May 28 14:56:58 [ispyd] ERROR (566): getting data: Bad file descriptor
May 28 14:56:58 [ispyd] WARNING (431): KEXTComm: corrupt message?
May 28 18:14:08 [ispyd] ERROR (289): kevent: Interrupted system call
May 28 18:14:08 [ispyd] ERROR (566): getting data: Bad file descriptor
May 28 18:14:08 [ispyd] WARNING (431): KEXTComm: corrupt message?

Tim

The address is went to was Tao Effect Support <support@taoeffect.com>.  Hope this info helps.

greg

Tim, what was the subject of the email message you sent us? (I can't find an email from a "Tim" so I'll have to go by subject, we have a lot of emails to go through at the moment). I can do a screensharing session with you to attempt to fix the problem directly.

Timb0x

Subject:    Problem with Espionage

I tried to forward the message again with "Greg" at the end of the subject line.

Tim

greg

I could not find this email so I decided to just email you directly at the address you registered on this forum with.