Some more info needed on the ignore list...

Started by mayersj1, May 28, 2009, 05:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayersj1

I use QRecall for my daily backups and even though I've added QRecallHelper.app to the global ignorelist as a whitelisted item, I still get prompted that QRecallHelper is wanting access to my Espionage volumes.

Anyone have any experience with a situation like this and if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

greg

You can add items to the ignore list directly from the password prompt:

Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

mayersj1

I'll give this a shot and see what happens.  Thanks for the info!

Steve

mayersj1

So performing the action like this worked!  When I look in my ignore list, I see two entries for QRecallHelper now.  Obviously one is from when I entered it manually through the Ignore List, the other added when chose to add it from the password dialog.

Is there any way to determine which is which (or if there's even a difference)?

Thanks,

Steve

greg

Yes, just hover your mouse over the entry:

greg

Hmm... looks like you helped me find a bug, the code for adding items to the ignore list though Espionage checks for duplicates, but the code for adding it through the password prompt does not.  Therefore it's possible they're identical, we'll fix it, you can just remove any duplicates. :-)

mayersj1

Glad to help!  :)   Using the hover technique, I've determined that the paths to the QRecallHelper app are pointing to two different locations.  The one that I manually added was in /Applications/QRecall.app/Resources/QRecallHelper.  I don't think this one was working.  The one that I added through the password prompt was pointing to /Users/smayer/Library/ApplicationSupport/QRecall/QRecallHelper.

So, they weren't true duplicates.

Steve