Timemachine different behaviour as stated

Started by Bernak, June 19, 2010, 06:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernak

Hello,

I followed the instructions in the tips (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3) to backup with TM excluding the 10 Espionage protected folders I use.

I locked all of them, added them to the TM exclusion list, then unlocked them, and to my surprise, they were all gone for the TM list!
I think it auto delete them, because they change or something alike.

I am waiting for a fix before I start to backup, as I cannot use my old backup method anymore.

Any help?
Thanks!

greg

Can you double-check that you followed the instructions correctly? Also, the disk images may not appear in the list while the folder is locked, did you try checking it when the folders are unlocked?

The opposite is also true, meaning, when the folder is unlocked, the folder won't appear in the list, but when its locked it should.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

greg

Espionage will now handle this for you in 2.8:

http://www.taoeffect.com/blog/2010/06/e ... smartmove/

Bernak

Quote from: "greg"Espionage will now handle this for you in 2.8:

http://www.taoeffect.com/blog/2010/06/e ... smartmove/

Great!
I added all my folders using the checkbox. Much, much easier than before!
Thanks for the improvements about Time machine, as it´s a very common backup solution for Mac users.
(Maybe the checkboxes could a little more visible, as you need to left click every folder to see if they are blocked for TM, but I am not complaining, all great!)

And SmartMove, amazing too.
:)

Bernak

Wanted to add a little something that could be a problem for some:

- If you add a folder to Espionage, then disable it from TM using the Espionage application and finally remove it from Espionage protection, it continues to be excluded from TM. I would suggest to be enabled again in TM, as now the Espionage backups wont handle it anymore.  :roll:

Enjoy!

greg

Nice catch Bernak! That will be fixed in the next update.

greg

Fixed in 2.8.1 (released today).