Critical Alert!

Started by rrsears, April 21, 2009, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrsears

Hi. I set up two applications in Espionage. Every time I start my computer Critical Alerts appear stating that Espionage can't find the two apps I set up. I have to click on these to get rid of the messages which seems to be an unnecessary pain. When I go into those apps, the password box comes up right away so obviously Espionage knew where they were. Why do I keep on getting those two Critical Alert Boxes and what can I do to prevent them from appearing? Thanks a lot.

Rick

greg

Hi Rick,

What applications did you protect? If you'd rather not answer on a public forum please contact our support email address. Also, which password prompt are you getting? Espionage will show two password prompts, one if an application is trying to access a folder (folder prompt), and a different one if it detects that you're trying to run an application that's setup as part of the application associations (application prompt).

The application prompt will show the application's icon along with a small folder badge, and will contain the text "<App> is trying to access its encrypted data in the folder:"
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

greg

Also, are you sure you haven't moved either of those applications since adding them as application associations? You may want to try removing them, and then re-adding them as application associations (click the Edit Application Associations button for each folder).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

rrsears

Hi Greg. I did what you said (removing and then adding back in) and it works okay now. I'm not sure what I did wrong (at least I don't remember moving the apps). Thanks a lot.

Rick