Espionage 3 with Google backup/sync

Started by mdelsman, November 04, 2017, 04:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdelsman

Hi,

I've been researching Espionage 3 - and have a question. I'd like to file encrypt on my Mac, use Google backup/sync to store remotely. Any method to view files (do not need edit) via iPhone IOS devices from Google drive? Thanks for helping a newbie...

zsolt

Hello, no this is not possible.
Espionage stores the data in encrypted disk image which is recognized only by Mac OS. To Google drive it will look like a folder with a bunch of files in it, these are so called stripes of the disk image. So again, in short, this is not possible.....unless, you combine with another app called tresorit. We tested this to some extent but we never officially embrace it, so you are doing it on your own responsibility, but I will be more then happy to assist you with the process.
Basically, what you do is use Espionage to protect the data on the Mac, and sync the unlocked folder with Tresorit clould, then you use tresorit app to access the files on the iOS or on their web front end.

If you are interested in details, let me know,

Cheers
Zslt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support