Unlocking large folders in 3.6.1

Started by nomolo, October 04, 2014, 12:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erndev

Dear nomolo

I'm Ernesto, one of the developers of Espionage.
I'd like to ask if it's possible to have a log of the application while you unlock the folder that is taking so long. It might help us fix the issue.

In order to get the log, open the Console app, and choose "All Messages". There you'll be able to see the relevant logs of Espionage, and copy them in order to send it to us.

cheers
Ernesto

greg

FYI, Ernesto has been trying to reproduce this but so far he hasn't been able to. One likely reason I'm guessing is b/c he's using 60GB worth of fake data (not real Mail). So we're going to try to modify Espionage to insert a fake delay upon launching Mail and see if we can reproduce that way.

In the meantime, please let Ernesto know the answer to his question, and also what operating system you're using (e.g. 10.9, 10.10, etc.). Sorry if you've already given this information to us, but I didn't see it in this thread!
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

nomolo

I'm sorry this is causing you so much work and really impressed with the lengths you're going to.

I'm using Mavericks 10.9.5 and Espionage 3.6.1

I've just unlocked Mail twice. The first time I waited for the slider button to go from grey to white on its own. There were no Espionage entries in the the console log at all. The second time, rather than waiting the full 4 or 5 minutes for the button to change color, I clicked on the "i" button next to the slider, which prompts the button to go white, and this entry appeared:

21/10/2014 00:45:20.475 Espionage[182]: ERROR (-[StatFolderTask go:]:56): failed to calculate folder size for '/Users/mf/Library/Mail': Error Domain=Espionage Code=1000 "User canceled size calculation" UserInfo=0x60000447ae40 {NSLocalizedDescription=User canceled size calculation}

There were a lot of Mail entries in the console during this period. Are they of any interest?

greg

OK, we haven't been able to reproduce this even with the fake delay for Mail.

So, Ernesto created a custom build for you and should have sent you a private message with a link to it. This build will output much much more logging messages to the system log, which will help us figure out what's going on over on your computer.

Just a heads up:

1. There's a possibility that we'll release 3.6.2 prior to fixing this problem in order to fix more urgent bugs.
2. Please do not post the logs from the Console application here. In order to protect your privacy, please email them directly to us instead (and make sure to reference this thread in your email): support@taoeffect.com
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!