problem with espionage and iSpy

Started by annis, March 31, 2010, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annis

Hi
I had some problems with my old mac so the apple store gave me a new one. before they moved all my data i told them about espionage and they said no problems.
I got home and found out that i cant open my mail and other files. my old mac got wiped and the only info i have is on my passport.
the error msg is-      "Couldn't establish communications with iSpy. Error 1. EspionageHelper will quit now."
this, as well-           "Espionage's helper application appears to have crashed. This should not happen, so please accept our apologies.   Espionage cannot be modified while the helper isn't running, try using the preferences to re-run it or quit and relaunch Espioange.
Please consider filing a bug report, we will do our best to fix this problem."
what should i do? i work on with this mac and for now apple is saying they cant help. HELP NEEDED FAST!!!
Thank you

greg

It sounds like all of the files weren't copied over, including parts of iSpy.

I would recommend trying the following:

• Check if this folder exists, if it does delete it (note, this is the global Library folder at the root of your drive, not the one in your home folder):
    /Library/iSpy
  • If that folder existed, then restart your computer and trashing it.
  • Move your current copy of Espionage to the trash
  • Download the latest version from our website and copy it out of the disk image and into your Applications folder
  • Run the new version, it should take you through the install again.

For these sorts of problems, please contact us via email, as we'll be able to respond more quickly and that way sending attachments such as screenshots is much easier and safer (since it's not through a public forum).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!