Backup Error 23

Started by Joem952, October 14, 2011, 07:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joem952

I had Moved and renamed some of my Espionage Encrypted folders.  (Removing Encryption, Moving the Files and Then Creating new Encryption).    BackUps No Longer Work for me.

Before Restarting the backup, I had a Time Capsule Corruption issue, where Apple had me Reset and Reformat the Time Capsule.

I was storing my Espionage Backup on there (using Espionage BackUp).  After reformatting I am no longer able to backup.  

I get error Message 23 "It is recommended to to re-run backups for this folder to ensure backup integrity.

I have tried several times restarting the backup, uninstalling and re-installing Espionage, as well as Reformatting the Time Capsule Again.

Would Appreciate any help on this

I am currently running Version 2.8.13
Lion 10.7.1

greg

Quote from: "Joem952"I had Moved and renamed some of my Espionage Encrypted folders.  (Removing Encryption, Moving the Files and Then Creating new Encryption).    BackUps No Longer Work for me.

Before Restarting the backup, I had a Time Capsule Corruption issue, where Apple had me Reset and Reformat the Time Capsule.

I was storing my Espionage Backup on there (using Espionage BackUp).  After reformatting I am no longer able to backup.  

I get error Message 23 "It is recommended to to re-run backups for this folder to ensure backup integrity.

I have tried several times restarting the backup, uninstalling and re-installing Espionage, as well as Reformatting the Time Capsule Again.

Would Appreciate any help on this

I am currently running Version 2.8.13
Lion 10.7.1

If you change the location of the backup folder in Espionage's backups preferences, does that fix the problem?

If not, could you please send us a diagnostic report after attempting the backup?
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Joem952

Setting the Backup to a different drive seemed to work.   Does that mean Time Capsule no Longer works with TaoEspionage Backups?

Also when trying to delete the partial backup on the TimeCapsule, I get the following message:

The operation can't be completed because a required item is in use.

Joe

greg

Hey Joe, we're not sure about Time Capsule support at the moment, please have a look through this thread, it might offer more info.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

kettysimpson

It is naturally that if you have made the backup and than you are changing the name of the folder and the content of the folder or the backup data than it will not give the proper output if you reinstall the backup. So don't make any change after backup the data and if you want to change the data than back it up for another time.