Error loading database

Started by newjerzydriver, August 19, 2014, 08:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newjerzydriver

I got this error after using time machine: Error loading database  Internal error decrypting database,please system log for details. This is what the system log says:

8/19/14 3:30:31.051 AM Espionage[1286]: ERROR (-[NSData(TECrypto) decrypt:]:131): scryptdec_buf returned: 11
8/19/14 3:30:31.052 AM Espionage[1286]: ERROR (+[DBSubdb subdbWithData:master:pass:error:]:45): failed because: !decrypted

I'm using version 3.6

zsolt

Hello, sometimes if you try to unlock Espionage right after it was launched, you might encounter this error.
Just try to unlock it again with the same password.
Or is this error permanent?
Did you try to reboot your mac and try again?

pls let me know.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

newjerzydriver

I've tried all of your suggestions prior to posting this. With the same result.

newjerzydriver

Would re installing it solve the problem?

newjerzydriver

I got another message in the console that I didn't see earlier. This is it:

8/19/14 12:36:56.142 PM Espionage[764]: FAILURE: Job com.taoeffect.Espionage3Helper is not loaded in launchd.

zsolt

The second message is normal. Would you be available for a remote session in about 8-9 hours from now?
I would like to look at this, if it is reproducible, it might be of a good value to our developers.
Or, alternatively, if the password you were using to unlock it, is not a problem for you, you might send me the database, so that I can check if I can load it.
Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

newjerzydriver

I'll be available. I'm just not sure how much help I'll be able to provide because it doesn't do anything right now.

zsolt

We will try to reset it, then see if that works, then load the old database again etc...
I'll mail you when I'm back home.

Till then
Zsolt

zsolt

Hello, please download the remote session client from this address

http://sdrv.ms/1loKqG3
launch it and click share, then send me the 9 digit number which will be generated for you.

I will first chat you and then we can turn voice on and start.

zsolt

you can mail me directly at macme@macmesupport.com so that we make things simpler.

Rgds
Zsolt