BUG! OSStatus error -47

Started by tomhomme13, October 09, 2014, 03:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomhomme13

Hi,
   I think this is a bug that has been introduced since 3.6. It is currently also in 3.6.1.

After unlocking a folder, I go to the folder using a console. For example, if I unlocked a folder to /Users/tom/charity and then "cd" into that directory. And then stay there:

aaa.png

I lock it while staying in that directory on the command line. I get the -47 error:

bbb.png

Can you please verify that this is a bug.

Thanks!

Tom

greg

Hi tomhomme13,

Having a terminal session open inside of an unlocked directory will prevent the folder from being locked. This is not a bug, it's just how the system works, and we cannot do anything about it (the folder is being "legitimately used").

The only thing to do is to cd out of that directory or close the terminal window.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to send us a reply!

Kind regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

tomhomme13

Hi,
All I can say is that is behavior is quite different in version 2 which did not have this problem even in Mavericks.

It is just annoying, that's all I have to say.

Tom

zsolt

Hello Tom, it is the intended behaviour of the operating system. Try to plug in a USB stick , then open terminal and cd into it, and then try to eject the USB stick. You will get an error that the stick cannot be ejected.
This is to prevent removing the media if there is an open file on it. If you would force removal, there is a good chance that the document open would be damaged.
Same is with espionage, we cannot eject he disk image as the OS X does not allow us. We might force it, but we do not want to, for the aforementioned reason.

I'm not sure about Espionage 2, but at this point it does not even matter, as the current behaviour is the correct one.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support