Catch-22

Started by pvonk, September 21, 2009, 02:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvonk

I'm running Snow Leopard and just downloaded Espionage.  When invoking it, I get a warning that Logitech control Center is detected, an older version.  I'm directed to MacUpdate site to download and update to the latest version.  In the meantime, Espionage can't do anything (menus mostly grayed out).  However, when I download LCC (3.0) and try to install it, it says that the software does not support the version of Mac OSX that I have.  I'm guessing this isn't a Snow Leopard version.

I also went to Logitech's web site and tried downloading LCC for my mouse (which is also version 3.0 of LCC) but got the same result.  Their "info" suggests that this version of LCC is good for 10.4 and 10.5, no mention of 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

So it seems I can't run Espionage without totally removing LCC, which I'm not willing to do.

Am I missing something?

greg

Hi pvonk,

Yes we're aware of this issue, thankfully there's are two easy solutions to it (your pick):

I hope that's helpful, let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

greg

Third option: Looks like they just updated LCC to 3.1 to work on Snow Leopard. :-)

schlingel

I have LCC uninstalled (Manually removed the Application Support Folders and the Application enhancers), because I don't want to use that piece of c#@%p that Logitech calls a driver ;)

Espionage still complains that LCC is installed. What else do I have to remove to get Espionage working?

greg

Hey schlingel, try searching for and deleting these two folders:

/Library/InputManagers/LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/LCC Scroll Enhancer

That should fix the issue. (Note, only one of those folders may actually exist, and the Library folder that's referred to there is the one at the root of your drive, not the one in your home folder.)

schlingel

Thanks a lot!

I missed the InputManager