"Unlock" not working

Started by antonio, November 11, 2010, 02:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonio

I have several folders encrypted in Espionage and all was well for a while. Today, I opened the folders and it had the three folders that state "this folder contains encrypted data"..."it is controlled by Espionage". I can't seem to unlock them unless I open espionage, log in, uncheck "locked" and click save. The "unlock" feature does not appear in the context menu...only "locked" which doesn't make sense since I can't access files.

What is the fix? As a work around, I restored them back to an unencrypted state by removing them from espionage. Obviously not very productive as it took over 10 minutes to restore each folder that was affected.

BTW, no changes were made to the system recently (10.6.4). Only other actions taken were backups, using espionage, after all folders are locked.

Regards,
Antonio

greg

Quote from: "antonio"The "unlock" feature does not appear in the context menu...only "locked" which doesn't make sense since I can't access files.

There is no "unlock" contextual menu item.

QuoteWhat is the fix? As a work around, I restored them back to an unencrypted state by removing them from espionage. Obviously not very productive as it took over 10 minutes to restore each folder that was affected.

Please see the FAQ item "I don't see the password prompt when I open a folder, help!" on our support page.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

antonio

Thanks. Removed the finder from whitelist and I now get prompted when opening secured folders. So what is the recommendation to reduce/eliminate being prompted consistently when drilling down into folders on the HD that have not been added to Espionage? I added the finder to whitelist to reduce the noise.

greg

Espionage's troubleshooting documentation gives some suggestions:

Password Prompt Appearing Too Frequently
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

antonio

Already had read that...unfortunately did not help as the 'calculating size" was turned off as well as the triangles being in the correct position.