encrypting a database

Started by alanansi, May 03, 2013, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanansi

Not sure how much mysql knowledge there is here! But lets try...

I am running a database server on my laptop and want to encrypt the database for security. When I try and drag the database folder into Espionage, the mysql server gives me the error "Can't create/write to file".

I am running the trial version, if I get this to work I'll buy it for sure!

Alex

zsolt

Hello Alex, I would need to try to replicate this, but I'm not that familiar with mysql to know exactly which folder are you talking about.
What Espionage does is mount the disk image into the folder which you protected, which becomes the mountpoint for the disk image.
Most of the applications accept this and do not bother what is beneath, but there might be some special cases where the app becomes aware that it is not a "real folder".
Maybe the easiest way would be if I can connect to your Mac and we look into this together, I do not guarantee a solution but we can give it a try.
I should be available today whole day, i.e. next 13 hours, for this remote, just mail me at mailto:taoeffect@macmesupport.com">taoeffect@macmesupport.com.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support