'More' contextual menu disabled

Started by nomolo, April 18, 2009, 04:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomolo

I've just installed Espionage on a trial basis. I can encrypt folders. But trying to unencrypt them from the 'More' contextual submenu fails -  the More submenu no longer opens either for the encrypted folder or for any normal folder. I also get regular Finder quits.  Uninstalling Espionage restores the normal "More" submenu.  I'm using OS 10.5.6.  I am using a Logitech mouse, but not with Logitech CC. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks.

nomolo

I should have added to the above post, that I've repaired permissions a couple of times and restarted a couple of times, without success....

greg

Hi nomolo, it may still be that Logitech's installed its "Scroll Enhancer", check the logitech post to see if those files exist on your computer.  Otherwise, don't worry, we're currently working on an awesome little diagnostic app that will be finished very soon (hopefully today) that you can use to send us a bunch of diagnostic information that should help us quickly fix this problem. I will reply to this thread again once that's finished.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

nomolo

Greg - turns out I did have Scroll Enhancer on my system. Deleted it, and the 'More' contextual menu now works!  Thanks.

greg

Great! :-)

ravedog

Quote from: "greg"Hi nomolo, it may still be that Logitech's installed its "Scroll Enhancer", check the logitech post to see if those files exist on your computer.  

I too had the Scroll Enhancer and I tossed it out of the InputManagers directory. However, after I restarted, there is still no contextual menu item for Espionage in the Finder under the "More" submenu. Actually I did see the Lock come up when i right clicked on an open Folder I encrypted.

However am I getting this wrong, it only locks and unlocks existing folders that Espionage handles? I was hoping that I could right click on a new folder and tell it to Lock it and it would bring up Espionage to go thru the motions.

Any ideas?

greg

That's correct, it will only lock unlocked, Espionage'd folders. In a future update we'll have a "Send to Espionage..." contextual menu.

ravedog

Terrific!