no icon in the task bar

Started by Schreul, August 18, 2013, 12:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schreul

How come I do not see a icon in the task bar,  I have reinstalled the program a few times on my macbook pro.  Not working   Installed it on the iMac. no problem.  same file, same input  not the same outcome.  Been trying to find a solution for the last 3 hours.  Don't know what to do.  Can anyone help?  I do not see the icon where it is supposed to be, between the time machine and the lock icon.   Thanks

zsolt

If you start Activity monitor utility and in the search box enter espionage, do you see the process listed?

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

Schreul

Yes I do.  But no icon.  Battary about to die so will work on it further tomorrow.

greg

Did you have Espionage 2 on your computer? Did you fully uninstall it?

Also, what happens when you double-click on the Espionage app, do you see the password window? Did you set it to run in windowed mode? If you did, you'll need to go into its Preferences and change it back to show as a menubar item.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Schreul

All fixed,  thanks for the replies. 

zsolt

Great to hear, you might want to share with us what was wrong so that other users know where to look.
Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support