Move folders between folder sets

Started by olaf, May 31, 2012, 02:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olaf

Hi,

is it possible to move a crypted folder from one folder set to another one, without decrypting first and crypting in the new folder set again?

Thanks, Olaf

greg

Hi Olaf, sorry, there is no easy way to do this. One way that might be possible is to right-click on the disk image to force remove it from the database without restoring it, and then re-importing it back into Espionage by dragging the disk image onto it, but I really don't recommend doing it this way. If you decide to do it, I recommend moving the disk image into Espionage's data folder.

On 3.0.0 that folder is here:

~/Library/Application Support/Espionage/Data
On 3.0.1+ (to be released soon) it's here:

~/Library/Application Support/com.taoeffect.Espionage3/Data
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Bernak

Hello and sorry for reviving this old post from 2012, but I have exactly the same question.

Is there now in 2015 a new recommended way to move folders between folder sets?
I am reorganizing the sets and it could spare me a lot of time and allow me to try different combinations faster than decrypting and re-encrypting several gigabytes of files.

Thanks

zsolt

No, there is on better way. This is an operation you are the second person asking about, so we did not bother to make it simpler.

So here is maybe a better instruction list:

- click onto small "i" near the folder you want to move
- on the next window note the disk image name in the disk image drop down menu
- click onto copy password button and paste the password into some text doc
- now return to folder list and right click onto folder and select force remove from database
- this will move out the disk image onto your desktop and also create a "password delete me" text doc onto your Desktop (this text doc will contain the same password you just copied out, but I want to be on the safe side)
- now move the disk image back into the ~/Library/Application Support/com.taoeffect.Espionage3/Data folder where the other disk images reside
- unlock Espionage with the other folder set password
- drag the disk image over Espionage window
- it will ask you for disk image password, paste the one you copied earlier
- it will then ask you for the mount point folder location, select the same folder you used before
This is it..

Let me know if anything unclear.

Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support