Hide the Application

Started by msnew, March 02, 2013, 07:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msnew

Hi:  I like the fact that I can store superfluous files in a folder to hide it's encryption, but as soon as someone looks at my applications folder, there is the program icon for espionage.  And if I am forced to open it, there is the folder listed with my secret files.  Any idea how best to get around this?  Thanks!

zsolt

Hello, this is exactly the purpose of the folder sets.
Apart from the initial password you set when you run the application for the first time, you can create another folder set.
This folder set will have it's own password, and each password will unlock it's own folder set.

So, say you setup the espionage, add 3 folders to it. Then create a new folder set, and add one folder (a different one from the first 3) to it.

Now if one forces you to unlock espionage you enter the second password, it will unlock and show this one protected folder which does not contain any really confidential data.

There is no way you can detect if you have one or more folder sets, it is only in your head :-)

I hope this helps.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

msnew

Thank you!  I sorta figured that out after my original post - your comment confirms it.

zsolt

I'm glad you got it, and I hope it is making you satisfied too.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support