Espionage Backups

Started by jacobsm, May 28, 2011, 11:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobsm

I'm using the recommended way to backup my encrypted folders which works well, but sometimes too well. Yesterday, somehow my address book directory got corrupted somehow. I deleted it and successfully restored it from the automatically taken backup folder.

Well, Espionage backed up the corrupted database overwriting the last good backup copy. Arrgh. Do you have any ideas on how to prevent this from occurring in the future (maybe keeping 'n' backup copies, where 'n' can be set by the user on a folder by folder basis?

Mark Jacobs

mike

Hi Mark,

I think you emailed us about this issue, did you? I responded to your email but I am not sure if you're a different Mark Jacobs. :)

We do plan to overhaul our current Backups system and your suggestion on the "Keeping 'n' backup copies" is one of the ideas that we want to add to Espionage.

As for the preventing this, I want to understand what happened first before we go ahead. See my email about this first.

Thanks!
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

jacobsm

They're semi-related. The email with the logs and screen shot is about a problem that I don't know how to resolve on my own, this posting is a result of my feeble attempts to fix said problem on my own.

Mark Jacobs

mike

Hi Mark,

Did we fixed everything for you? I just want to make sure that we didn't miss any of your emails and get a quick update on the situation here.

jacobsm

Yes, everything is good. Thanks for your support.

Mark Jacobs

mike

Quote from: "jacobsm"Yes, everything is good. Thanks for your support.

Mark Jacobs
That's great news, thanks for the update.

You're welcome and if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.