SyncServices and BareBones WeatherCal App

Started by jacobsm, January 26, 2011, 04:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobsm

I've been have intermittent problems with WeatherCal adding/duplicating calendars for locations that I'm already monitoring. After fighting the problem for a couple of weeks I decided to remove syncservices from Espionage's protection. Haven't seen the problem since.

Since the duplicate calendars were sometimes added while I was already logged in and the syncservices folder available I don't think it had anything to do with timing problems at boot time.

Just wondering if you've seen something like this before?

greg

Hi jacobsm, try making sure that the SyncServices folder is unlocked the entire time you're logged in (set to Autounlock at Login). If that doesn't help, WeatherCal might not be compatible with an encrypted SyncServices folder.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

jacobsm

The syncservices folder is unlocked during my entire logon session. As I stated sometimes the calendars get added randomly while I'm doing work. I'm convinced that WeatherCal isn't playing nice with the encrypted folder but I was wondering if you've seen other problems like this with other products?

greg

Quote from: "jacobsm"The syncservices folder is unlocked during my entire logon session. As I stated sometimes the calendars get added randomly while I'm doing work. I'm convinced that WeatherCal isn't playing nice with the encrypted folder but I was wondering if you've seen other problems like this with other products?

Personally I have not seen this, but we have received a small number of reports of something along these lines happening with, for example, Address Book, however it's never consistent, and it seems to only affect a small fraction of users. We also haven't been able to reproduce it on our end so unfortunately it's not clear how to fix this when it does happen (except for what I've already recommended).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!