Espionage all of a sudden stop working

Started by clara101, August 19, 2011, 01:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clara101

Espionage stop loading, so we tried downloading and installing latest version for snow leopard.

I receive the following error:

Could not load Espionage's helper,
got error:

Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 UserInfo=0x728b2b0
"launchctl: Couldn't stat("/Users/Clara/Library/LaunchAgents/com.taoeffect.EspionageHelper.plist"):
No such file or directory
nothing found to load
"

Try restarting, or contact support (include this message).

I've tried changing permissions on the launchagents folder as per a previous post /Users/[your username]/Library/LaunchAgents. And tried re-installing no joy?

Please help, have important encrypted documents i need to open.

Thanks

marty

Welcome to the forums, Clara, and I'm sorry you're having a problem.

Have you been running any of the various 3rd-party applications that claim to "clean" unneeded files from your Mac? If so, it's possible that it has told our "helper" that is shouldn't load any longer. That would leave you without a way to have your system automatically detect accesses to your encrypted folders and prompt you for unlocking.

Can you still run the Espionage application, and unlock folders from there?

Please let me know!

Marty
Tao Effect Support

follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

clara101

Hi Marty

No 3rd party app has been installed prior to this issue. I can go to applications and run Espionage but it says its not started, when i try to start i get the error message. I have looked in the launchagents folder and it only contains two files, something to do with adobe? No way to unlock folders?

marty

Thanks, Clara for the update. If all you saw there were some Adobe files and nothing named com.taoeffect.EspionageHelper.plist then Espionage is having trouble writing to this folder for some reason.

To help us piece together some of the other parts of what might be happening, please download and run this diagnostic tool:

http://www.taoeffect.com/other/TEDiagnosticTool.app.zip

Marty
Tao Effect Support

follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!