Online Backup?

Started by lizard, April 13, 2009, 10:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizard

Are there any recommended workflows for backing up espionage's encrypted folders to an online service such as Amazon S3? I'd especially like to take advantage of the bands in sparsebundle images to cut down on bandwidth for incremental backups of rather large files.

greg

We have not tested Espionage with Amazon's S3 backup service, but any backup service that is based around folders accessible from the Finder will work.

For example, if you use Dropbox, you can set your backup destination to the Dropbox folder and everything will upload efficiently, taking full advantage of the bands in sparsebundles.  We have also tested similar services like SugarSync and Mozy.  The same concept applies, just set your backup destination to a folder that these services backup.  For more information, see the help topic "Backing up protected folders" in Espionage's built-in help documentation.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Angel09

A backup is a process of copying your data to another location using different kind of media.  Traditional backup methods are tapes, CDs/DVDs and external hard disks.   So let's say you are a professional photographer and you have covered a wedding and you have stored in your camera hundred photos of the special day of the new married couple.

virtual machine

zsolt

Dear Angel09, if there is anything Espionage related I can help you with, just let me know.
Cheers,
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support