Unlock folder with Master Password?

Started by espresso, February 01, 2011, 04:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

espresso

Hello,

I've switched from FileVault to Espionage for 3 days now. It's a solid app and I love the easy to use application templates feature. I've got some quick questions and feature requests:

Is it possible to add an option to prompt for the master password instead of individual folder password in the Unlock Folder pop up window?

Also, I think it'd be convenient to add another option to "cache" the master password in memory for a short period of time e.g. every 3 mins. This can go hand in hand with the previous option I suggested to make unlocking / app launching much quicker.

BTW, I would like to see the padlock icons in the mail Espionage window to be clickable as a quick way to lock / unlock folders. (a la the padlocks in OS X Sys Preferences). Right now I have to 1, uncheck Locked then 2, click Save Changes to unlock a folder.

Regards,

greg

Quote from: "espresso"I've switched from FileVault to Espionage for 3 days now. It's a solid app and I love the easy to use application templates feature.

Awesome, welcome to Espionage!  :D

QuoteI've got some quick questions and feature requests:

Is it possible to add an option to prompt for the master password instead of individual folder password in the Unlock Folder pop up window?

Also, I think it'd be convenient to add another option to "cache" the master password in memory for a short period of time e.g. every 3 mins. This can go hand in hand with the previous option I suggested to make unlocking / app launching much quicker.

Yes, we could add a feature like this, it will have be a refinement added later on as we have some more critical items to take care of first, but that is a good suggestion, so thank you for it!

QuoteBTW, I would like to see the padlock icons in the mail Espionage window to be clickable as a quick way to lock / unlock folders. (a la the padlocks in OS X Sys Preferences). Right now I have to 1, uncheck Locked then 2, click Save Changes to unlock a folder.

Espionage's UI is going to (at some point) get an overhaul, so this is something that we can look into at that point to see if it makes sense to do. We currently make it a two-step process so that users don't accidentally do something they'll later regret. By making it a two step process, it forces one to think more about what one is doing.  ;)
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!