Compatibility with 10.8.2

Started by tclay09, September 25, 2012, 11:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tclay09

I have not bought a license for Espionage 2 yet, but I am considering it. I want to try to get some clarification that it will do what I want it to before I spend the money on a license. I recently updated to 10.8.2 and I want to password protect the iMessages program. Plain and simple question if this program will allow me to do this.

Thank you for your help,

Tyler

zsolt

Hello, the Espionage will run in trial mode for 2 weeks, so you can try and test whatever you want/need.
Re your question: Espionage has built in templates for few application, but I'm not sure if the iChat template is still valid for iMessages. In any case, the template is just a predefined set of folders which all will be protected and associated with a particular application. You can do this by hand too, select the folders which you want to be protected, and associate them with iMessages application.
Once you quit iMessages, the folders will lock. If you launch it, it will first prompt for folder password, once entered it will unlock the folder and launch the application.

But as said, the best is if you test and see how it works for you.

I do not expect any problems, but if you want to be super safe, create a copy of the folders you want to protect before adding them to Espionage, or if you have a valid backup that will do it too.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support