Trying to Access *.sparsebundle file in Lion

Started by blipman, June 26, 2012, 12:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blipman

I was running espionage on a Mac, encrypting a folder on an external drive. The drive crashed and I just replaced the computer, and did a time machine restore on the new computer. I am able to see the .sparsebundle file, however when I double click it, it asks for password and once entered correctly, nothing happens. I am running OSX Lion, and need to access this data. Am I doing anything wrong? What can I do to access this folder so that I can restore it?

zsolt

Hello, are you sure that the disk image does not mount as a Volume?
Can you start terminal and cd into /Volume

start terminal
write

cd /Volumes
ls -l

and see if the disk image is listed there, if not then please check the console and the system log to see if there are any messages shown there.
If the disk image is corrupted then maybe we can repair it with disk utility....

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

blipman

I see the file "Documents" in terminal but not .Documents.sparsebundle. Console does not reflect any errors. The image was created while in snow leopard but the new computer is running lion.

zsolt

Hello, this is rather strange, either the disk image should open and mount, or it will report an error.
Pls try one more thing, open disk utility and drag the disk image to it then select it in the list and click on the open or mount icon in the toolbar, see if that helps.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support