Cant acess espionage 2 preferences anymore

Started by guitahero, June 05, 2012, 07:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitahero

When installing espionage 2 I have simply replaced the espionage app in the Applications folder, because I thought there would be something like an automatic upgrade doing that.

But, right now I have both apps running at the same time and I can`t access the preferences in espionage 2 anymore so I can remove my encrypted folders and apps from that.

zsolt

Hello Guitarhero,

You have to install Espionage V2 again, start it and you will get back to all the V2 details again.
So to prevent overwriting again, first quit the V3 Espionage from the padlock menu item, then rename the Espionage App in our application folder to EspionageV3. Download the V2 from taoeffect.com website, drag it to you app folder, start it, enter the password and there you are.

Now, if you want to keep both the V2 and V3 during test period, you can, with only one caveat, the V2 Espionage cannot be started if V3 is running, just quit V3 from the menu item and start V2 from app folder, once done with V2, quit it and start the V3 from app folder. Note that it is only the V2 app which cannot be started, which mean you cannot administer the V2 folders, but you can still lock and unlock V2 folders even if the app itself is not running, either by using the V2 padlock menu item, or by clicking on the folder in Finder.

Note that the folders from V2 will not be visible in V3 and vice versa.

Once you are done with V2 and want to get rid of it, first restore all the V2 folders back to normal and then remove the following files (DO NOT use the uninstall option of Espionage V2 if you added some data to V3 already):

/Users/[your username]/Library/LaunchAgents/com.taoeffect.EspionageHelper.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/iSpy.kext
/Library/iSpy
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.taoeffect.ispyd.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.taoeffect.Espionage.plist (might not exist)
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.taoeffect.Espionage (might not exist)
at the end remove the V2 app itself, and reboot your mac.

Let me know if you have any further questions
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support