Path Finder Compatibility Mode explanations

Started by Jezza, November 18, 2011, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezza

I was not able to find any explanations as to what exactly the Path Finder option in the Preferences does?

The help file does not mention it and all I could find on the site was:

"Path Finder Support!

Path Finder users rejoice! Espionage now has a checkbox for you in its general preferences. Just enable the Path Finder compatibility mode, and Espionage will work seamlessly with your favorite file manager."

I use Path Finder as my default file browser and had Espionage running without the option ticked at first with seemingly no issues (I have only started trialling it). Checking it does not seem to give any differences?

Thanks,
Jez

greg

Quote from: "Jezza"I use Path Finder as my default file browser and had Espionage running without the option ticked at first with seemingly no issues (I have only started trialling it). Checking it does not seem to give any differences?

Thanks,
Jez

I believe there are some differences related to unlocking folders from the menu that might appear between certain versions of Espionage and Path Finder. If you use Path Finder as your main file browser then I definitely recommend leaving it checked.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!