Lion Auto-Restore after Crash and Espionage

Started by ionos, August 01, 2011, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ionos

Hi,

When Lion crashes (kernel panic), it will reopen all previously open applications on your next login. For some reason Espionage seems to be unable to open folders associated with those reopen applications, which means those applications start and find all their data folders empty. Some applications are fine on the next restart, some go into a weird "I am being run for the first time" mode, SyncServer has to be killed the hard way, ... not an ideal situation.

Any ideas how to handle this situation?

The "Restore windows when quitting ..." option in the System Prefs seems to have no effect on the behaviour on a restart after a crash. I would love to complete disable this very annoying restore function ...

thanks,
Clemens

socrates

Restore windows after restart and Espionage don't work together.
Yesterday, most of my mailboxes were missing in Mail when it launched before Espionage had unlocked the folders.

Rebooting did not fix the issue for me, I needed to restore the Mail folders from a backup

mike

Hi guys,

I'm sorry about this. As you guys have noticed, Espionage doesn't work well with the resume option. Lion is prioritizing the saved apps over the order of launched apps when it reboots. Because of this, Espionage is launched after the apps are resumed and this can cause crashes because the apps are now launched with locked folders. Espionage needs to be opened first in to order to unlock the folders before the apps are opened.

We're investigating to locate a solution that'll let Espionage be opened first before the saved apps but at this moment, please uncheck the option for restoring the apps when rebooting. I don't think there is a specific option to disable this for when Lion is crashing. I'll look into that. I do not have a timeframe on when we'll have something to fix this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!