Lion problems?

Started by dekket, July 27, 2011, 04:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dekket

Hi.

As many others, I am considering an upgrade to OS X Lion these days. However, since I work with sensitive info on a daily basis (thus my purchase of Espionage...) I am worried about potential problems. I'm sure there are bugs here and there as there always is when a new OS arrives on the market, could the Espionage team please list them, so I can make an informed decision on what I can (or can't) live with - at least for a while until the issues have been ironed out?

greg

Hi dekket, we strongly recommend updating to Espionage version 2.8.13 if you haven't already, and then updating to Lion. We aren't aware of any major issues between the latest version of Espionage and Lion.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

zultar

I have been having nothing but issues since upgrading to lion. On log in the system will freeze, and I get the beautiful color wheel, and if I am lucky after about 3 reboots, and IF the login to esp. comes on first then all is good. I also seem to have issues with it locking up or causing issues randomly during operation. I know it is esp. as I did uninstall it once and ran with no issues at all, then did a reinstall and same issues. I do have the latest version, and it is a purchased copy registered.

If anyone else is having this issue or knows of a fix I would like to know as I do really like the program, but it it keeps causing me issues like this, it is not worth it for me, and I do use new features in Lion and would miss having to downgrade again to Snow Leopard.

Thanks

zsolt

Hello zultar,
Can you please collect the diagnostic report as described here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=434, attach it to your post or open a support ticket with it, and then I will see what does it say.
Please collect it when Espionage is running, I know it is hard but if it is not running then the files will be less good.

What you could as well do is to disable the folder(s) in Espionage so that it is running but it does not control the folders. Do not remove the folders from espionage, this will restore them back, just disable them and use your mac for a while, see if it is OK.

If all fine, you can do one more step, and this is to download ivisible (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/24682/ivisible) make your invisible files visible, and then go into the encrypted folder (which is still not enabled in Espionage). You will see a hidden disk image named same as the folder. Doubleclick it to mount, enter password, and use it as normal. See if the Mac is still stable.

Let me know how it went.
Cheers
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support