Espionage for Leopard

Started by ergo, July 21, 2011, 11:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ergo

I'm running OS 10.5.8.  Will Espionage for Leopard continue to be updated(supported) or is the OS 6 version the only one from now on?
I'll eventually give Lion a go but not before its bugs are fixed. And I did try Snow Leopard but experienced many kernel panics and lots of beachballing so elected to stay with OS 10.5.8, for now, which has been eminently stable and smooth running.

mike

Hi Ergo,

Espionage will continue to be supported on Leopard with Espionage 2.8.10 (download link here), we just stopped further development for it on Leopard but we will continue to support our Leopard users. Starting with Espionage 2.8.12, the minimal requirement is Mac OS X Snow Leopard or 10.6 and we support Lion with 2.8.13.

I'm sorry to hear you had issues with Snow Leopard but it is possible that Apple has resolved most of your issues with some of the updates that they have released for it. The general consensus is that 10.6.8 is very stable for majority  of Macs. You might want to try to do a clean install for it on your Mac. You'd have to update to Snow Leopard first before you can try Lion since Mac App Store is only available on Snow Leopard, unless you wait for the Lion USB stick that goes on sale next month.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

ljmac

I'm a bit confused as to which version I should be using with Leopard. You originally stated that 2.8.12 was the last version that would support it (and this info is still in your news section), but it seems that now you are recommending 2.8.10 for Leopard. Why is this?

mike

Quote from: "ljmac"I'm a bit confused as to which version I should be using with Leopard. You originally stated that 2.8.12 was the last version that would support it (and this info is still in your news section), but it seems that now you are recommending 2.8.10 for Leopard. Why is this?
HI ljamac,

I'm sorry about the confusion, we'll clear it up in the news section but our best supported version is 2.8.10 for Leopard users. Some Leopard users had issues with 2.8.12, so we pulled it and reverted to 2.8.10 as it is the best version to be supported on Leopard.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!