Critical Error with PostBox

Started by scottwalter, July 09, 2011, 05:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottwalter

I don't know if this has to do with upgrading to PostBox 2.5 email client.   However my postbox folder is no longer locking.  When I closed PostBox I receive this critical error:

"Can't relock folders for postbox-bin because he assocation was removed".   FYI--I am running on OS X Leopard GM release with Espionage 2.8.12.   Any ideas?

thanks, Scott.

greg

Hi Scott, try removing all of the Postbox folders from Espionage to decrypt them, and then re-encrypt them.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

scottwalter

I tried what you suggested but no luck.  This is what I did

1.   Shutdown Postbox 2.5
2.   Opened the Espionage Utility and deleted Postbox
3.   Encrypted Postbox using the application template.
4.   I verified PostBox was locked
5.   When I started PostBox it didn't ask me for a password.   In fact it was like it didn't even recognize my postbox user profile, it was asking me to create a new profile.  I then exited postbox.
6.   I had to manually unlocked PostBox and then I receive this error:

'PostBox' containts files in the shell folder, they were saved and placed in the trash.

7.  I ran Postbox again and Postbox seem to startup properly
8.  I quit Postbox and get the error

"Can't relock folders for postbox-bin because he assocation was removed".

There's seems some weirdness going on.  Don't know if it has to with OS X Lion or Postbox 2.5.

scottwalter

FYI I also got the error ""Can't relock folders for postbox-bin because he assocation was removed".   when I quit Safari.

Let me know if there's any debugging that I can help with.  I love Espionage and just want it to work properly.

Scott.

greg

Quote from: "scottwalter"There's seems some weirdness going on.  Don't know if it has to with OS X Lion or Postbox 2.5.

Lion? Above you said Leopard, so which are you running? :)

Also, could you download and run this diagnostic tool? It may fail to send the report at the end, in which case just email the zip file as an attachment to the address it tells you to. Please make sure to mention this thread in the comments for the report (you can include this page's URL).

scottwalter

Sorry its for OS X Lion GM Release.    I must have gotten my cat names mixed up.  I emailed the diagnostic results.

mike

Quote from: "scottwalter"Sorry its for OS X Lion GM Release.    I must have gotten my cat names mixed up.  I emailed the diagnostic results.
Hi Scott, we received your report. This is a known issue with Espionage on Lion. We're working on fixing this as soon as possible.

For now, unlock the Postbox folders first before opening Postbox and lock the folders after you're done with Postbox.

We're sorry about this one.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

greg

Espionage 2.8.13 has been released, please give that a try.