Password Generator

Started by Francky76, June 08, 2011, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francky76

Hello everyone,

To the devs :
I don't know if it is the best place to propose improvements...
Anyway, I think that a Password generator when you create a new encrypted folder would be nice. You don't need to remember all your passwords as they are saved in a Keychain (Login or Espionage keychain) with a master password (this one needs to be remembered by heart). So making complex passwords is a great way to make a secured Disk Image.

Take good care, and thanks for the great product !!

Franck

mike

Hi Francky76,

That's a great idea, we'll see if we can add the password generator in the password fields in a future update.

Thanks for the suggestion, keep them coming and this is a great place to suggest new ideas or you can email us at mailto:support@taoeffect.com">support@taoeffect.com
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!

Francky76

Hey Mike,

Glad you like the idea !

Say, as I got you, I've seen in the later realeases of Espionage that now the folder are not backup when they are unlocked... but are they not backup by Espionnage or by Time Machine ?.

And here is an idea but I am certain you already though about that one, why not tell TM not to back up folders in it's unlocked state... If i remember well, there is a way for applications to tell TM what files to backup or not... or was that for Spotlight, what to index or not ?

Thanks in advance,

Franck

mike

Hi Franck,

Time Machine will continue to back up your folders even if it is unlocked. While you can still use Time Machine to back up your folders, Espionage is the sure way to back up your folders safely and that is only done when the folders are locked.

You can force Espionage to back up while it is unlocked by pressing the option key down while you go to the Espionage's Menu app > [Folder Name] > Backup Now as described in this blog:
   http://www.taoeffect.com/blog/2011/06/e ... -released/

You can tell Time Machine to exclude certain folders but there isn't a way to inform Time Machine specifically how to back it up. Time Machine backs up whatever is on your drive whenever it is scheduled to run a backup.

I hope that helps, please let me know.
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news!