Option to not open finder on unlock?

Started by slash, February 05, 2011, 04:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slash

Hey guys,

just a quick suggestion: It would be great to have an option to stop Espionage opening a finder window if you unlock a folder through the Espionage menu icon in the menu bar.

If I unlock a folder through that menu it is usually because I want to save a file to that folder.

No idea how hard or easy that is to realize, just thought I could let you know, maybe you like the idea.

Take care

greg

Thanks slash, we'll give it some thought, it should be possible, we just need to work out the UI of that, as oftentimes people do want to immediately access the folder when using that menu.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

slash

Hi greg,

cool, give it a thought. Not sure if it would even have to be integrated into the UI, I thought a checkbox in the preferences would do the trick.

Open folder in finder on unlock? y/n

Have a nice weekend ^_^

fellowweb

Great to find this idea here already.

I would second it. From my experience I would more think of it as a setting individual to each Espionage'd folder. Because for some folders it usually makes sense to always have Espionage open the respective Finder window while for some folders it might never make sense.

soundman{^}

A developer should always leave and option to change a behaviour.  Otherwise the application will appeal only to the lowest common denominator of users (which, unfortunately is the majority).  This aspect of majority rule in a democracy, while not addressing the needs of the monority, is the reason the founders of the U.S. declared the nation a Republic rather than a democracy.

Secondly, if the goal of the developer is to enchance privacy in the Mac experience, the answer to the finder question becomes self-evident.

greg

Quote from: "slash"Open folder in finder on unlock? y/n

Have a nice weekend ^_^

That is something we can add to a future version.  :)
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!