Espionage breaking my contacts

Started by bastibechtold, January 18, 2011, 02:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bastibechtold

Dear Tao Effect,

I have been using Espionage for quite a while now and I like it very much.

However, it is a royal pain to use Espionage for my contacts. It usually takes only hours (days at most) until all my contacts are gone. Dead. Address Book won't show any contacts at all. I usually won't be able to add new contacts, either. Sometimes, they will still be accessible from Mail.app, sometimes not. Sometimes it helps to delete `/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/*.*`, sometimes not. Good thing I have backups, since otherwise this would have been awful.

I don't know exactly what is causing this, but I do know that it does not happen if I don't use Espionage. For now, this means I can not use Espionage for my Address Book.

Sincerely,
Bastian (A somewhat disgruntled user)

greg

Hi Bastian,

Sorry to hear of the trouble, I'll do my best to assist!

Try this:

• Quit all open applications except for Espionage and a web browser (for reading this).
  • Remove the Address Book and SyncServices folders from Espionage if they are currently in it, and then re-run the application template for the Address Book application (making sure that you're using the latest version of Espionage first).
  • Next, if you use any syncing apps, like iTunes, make sure that the Address Book and SyncServices folders are unlocked prior to syncing, and in general they should be unlocked the entire time you're logged in to your user account.

Let me know if that doesn't help!

Kind regards,
Greg, Tao Effect
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

bastibechtold

I will try that.

Thank you for your help!

bastibechtold

Well, it took a few days, but all my contacts are gone again. Actually, they are not completely gone, they just lost most of their contents. Some of them are only empty names by now.

I guess this must have something to do with my using Spanninc Sync to sync my contacts to Google.

Anyway, I disabled Espionage for SyncServices again.