Snow Leopard upgrade - password prompt issues

Started by artisfun, December 28, 2010, 01:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artisfun

Greg,

Upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard.  Before the upgrade, shutdown MacBook, disconnected the external drives, rebooted and TimeMachine was turned off.  Upgrade of OS X completed without problems.

On the first open of Espionage, Espionage initiated a re-run of the Installer with no errors.

A couple of issues with Espionage since the OS X upgrade.  

Initially, when trying to open a folder in Espionage, there was no password prompt and the folder displayed the message saying the folder was encrypted.  I could only unlock the folders from the main Espionage window.  Tried resetting the password on one folder but that did not change the behavior.  After a couple of reboots, the problem has disappeared.  Folders are now back to prompting for their password when the folder is being opened and in a locked state.

The second problem, which still exists, is the SyncServices autologin request for the master password after login.  Mail was added to Espionage prior to the OS X upgrade which added the SyncServices to Espionage.  Prior to the OS X upgrade, SyncServices was not requesting the master password during login.   I specifically added an application, Mail in this case, to see the effect of the OS X upgrade on the application in Espionage.  SyncServices does have the autologin box checked.

What am I missing about the SyncServices login request for the master password or a password at all?

Thanks for your time and effort supporting this forum.

greg

Quote from: "artisfun"I specifically added an application, Mail in this case, to see the effect of the OS X upgrade on the application in Espionage.  SyncServices does have the autologin box checked.

What am I missing about the SyncServices login request for the master password or a password at all?

The Autounlock at Login checkbox is not checked for the SyncServices folder and you're still getting that prompt?

Do you have Mail (or any other encrypted program) set to launch at login?
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

artisfun

SyncServices  has the Autounlock at login is checked.
Mail has the Autounlock at login is not checked.
Mail Downloads has the Autounlock at login is not checked.

No encrypted programs launch at login.

greg

Quote from: "artisfun"SyncServices  has the Autounlock at login is checked.

OK, so that's why you're getting the prompt, it's set to autounlock at login. This is completely normal, as that folder should be set to autounlock at login. If you really don't like the password prompt when you login, then you can switch to the login keychain in Espionage's advanced preferences, in which case your passwords will be protected by your user account password (which may be less secure).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!