Espionage does not recognize encrypted folder

Started by ming21, December 14, 2010, 09:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming21

I have a folder that was encrypted with Espionage. For some reason Espionage does not recognize that it is an encrypted folder. It was transferred from one computer to another and when I try to un-encrypt it on the second computer, Espionage doesn't recognize it. If I add it to Espionage, it acts as if the folder is not encrypted and then encrypts it. So it is now double encrypted. Any suggestions?

greg

Try restoring the folder (decrypting it by removing it form Espionage), and look inside of the restored folder after using iVisible to make the Finder show invisible files. See if there's a hidden disk image inside of the folder. If you see one, drag and drop it onto Espionage to import it, but first make sure that you're using the latest version of Espionage (2.8.7).

If there is nothing inside of the folder, then try searching in the original location of where that folder was when it was working and in Espionage for an invisible disk image (again, iVisible must be used to tell the finder to show invisible disk images), and if you see it, add it to Espionage.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!