Critical alert, unable to lock.

Started by leland, May 20, 2009, 05:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leland

Hi,

My "Pictures" folder in my home account is around 10GB. I first attempted to protect it with 128MB sparse-bundle. It took a while, and failed because it couldn't send the directory to trash. Thats fine and i guess understandable since its 10GB. So then i only wanted simple password protection, no encryption. But even that fails now, due to "unable to lock the directory". Why is this occurring? Is it a trial only thing or what?

greg

Hi leland,

The trial has no limitations to it, so this should not be happening.  However, which version of Espionage are you using? If you're not using 2.0.7, try updating to that and see if that fixes your problem ("Check for Updates..." in the Espionage menu).  If you still run into problems, please give us a detailed explanations of what you are trying to do (step by step), the more you tell us, the better we can help.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

leland

Hi,

I am using 2.0.6. I will try the update. How do i change icons? When i lock a folder, the icon changes back to the default blue icon folder.

leland

It worked in 2.0.7. Now we need a way to change the icon so its the same when its locked and unlocked. Also, how can i change the main master password, do i have to reinstall? Can i pay you via Western Union instead of PayPal? I dont get along with PayPal, and you wouldn't have to pay any fees, you get the full $25 cash.

EDIT - Sorry, i just read the news update for 2.0.7 changes and the icon change works. Awesome.  I am also looking for a script (apple script or anything) that would lock all folders on execute

greg

Unfortunately it appears that the nearest Western Union has now become a Publix, we can take Money Orders though if that works for you.  You can send it here:

TAO EFFECT
PO BOX 142531
GAINESVILLE, FL 32614-2531

Send us an email though if you do (so we know to check the mailbox), or if you'd prefer to work out some other method of payment we are flexible, again though, just shoot us an email.

leland

I just purchased it, thanks for your work!

greg

Thank YOU for supporting it! :-)