How to increase folder size in Espionage 2?

Started by nanok, November 14, 2013, 01:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanok

In the manual it says I should find this alternative under the info-option for the specific file, but in my Espionage 2 there is no such option. I've opened the "info" window from within Espionage, and from within the Finder. Where can I do this?

Best regards,

zsolt

Hello, the instructions you are referring to are probably from Version 3. For Version 2 you can find the instructions here:

https://www.taoeffect.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83&p=192

Note that support for Espionage 2 will end at the end of this year. Please consider upgrading to Version 3.
If you have any questions related to that, just let me know.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

nanok

Thanx, but that is a pretty akward move. Can I just restore the folder and use it normally for a while (without those capacity problems?) and the re-encrypt it when I'm done with it? Will it then automatically adjust to its (larger) content?

Best regards

zsolt

Yes it will.
At the stage of encryption, Espionage calculates the max capacity of the disk image according to the size of the source folder.
But why do you bother with this?

Here is what the manual says:
When a folder is first encrypted, Espionage decides on the folder's capacity using the Minimum Image Capacity (MIC) like so:
if 10 times the size of the folder is greater than the MIC folder capacity = 10 times the size of the folder
otherwise,
folder capacity = MIC

The capacity of the disk image is significantly larger then the amount of data you protect initially, so you are not likely to run out of space, you are free to add files into it, and only once it complains that there are no more space left, then you can do what you just said, decrypt the whole thing and then add it new to Espionage.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

nanok

Thanx, I'll try that (restore and then re-encrypt when finished). If you think about it there is one special file that was released a few years ago, a very distributed file that's been growing since 2009, a file a lot of people keep on their drives... Guess which? :)

zsolt

nanok

No, it's the blockchain of course. Bitcoin. That'll outgrow any 10GB automatically sized folder... Thanx again for your help!