Time Machine prompts for password

Started by hajime7, November 08, 2010, 07:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hajime7

Every time Time Machine backs up, my Espionage password protected (not encrypted) folders asks for a password. I have it "exclude these items' on the options as instructed by Espionage but it still does this. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

greg

Can you upload a screenshot of the password prompt? (Choose Upload attachment when posting a response after taking the screenshot).

In general, this is a problem that is fixed with the ignore list. For backup programs, add them to the whitelist from the password prompt.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

hajime7

Hi Greg

I enclosed the password prompt screenshot.

The folders are in the ignore list of Time Machine options.

I looked into options to ignore Time Machine in 'Edit Application Associations' but there wasn't an option.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thank you.

haj

----

Can you upload a screenshot of the password prompt? (Choose Upload attachment when posting a response after taking the screenshot).

In general, this is a problem that is fixed with the ignore list. For backup programs, add them to the whitelist from the password prompt.
greg
Tao Effect Support

greg

Hi haj,

Thanks for uploading the screenshot. It is the Finder, not Time Machine, that's bringing up the password prompt. If the Finder is bringing up the password prompt uninvited and frequently, it could be because of some settings that need to be adjusted.

Please see Espionage's troubleshooting documentation for more details.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!