MIC and Norton

Started by fred, October 28, 2010, 07:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Hi Greg,
Nice piece of work! (I am just testing for the time being but looks promising).
Two questions:
- MIC: can you set up any size? I.e., for a 50 Mo folder, can I set up the min capacity to 100 Mo? (small hard drive)
- Norton, antivirus soft: how can you avoid to have Mail scanned everytime you open it but having the emails tested when they come in? I work on a laptop with 12 Go of emails.
Thanks for your answers, and cheers, Fred

greg

Quote from: "fred"Hi Greg,
Nice piece of work! (I am just testing for the time being but looks promising).

Thanks! :-)

Quote- MIC: can you set up any size? I.e., for a 50 Mo folder, can I set up the min capacity to 100 Mo? (small hard drive)

Yes, this can be any size, but the way the MIC works might not be what you're thinking, please have a look at the advanced preferences for a detailed explanation. Usually you don't need to modify it.

Quote- Norton, antivirus soft: how can you avoid to have Mail scanned everytime you open it but having the emails tested when they come in? I work on a laptop with 12 Go of emails.

This question is a bit more difficult for us to answer as we don't use Norton's Antivirus software, so we don't know. I would look through its preferences, but if you don't find anything then you might want to ask their support team.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

fred

- Re Norton, easy solution, disable the check 'all disks' in the Norton Antivirus main window in Antomatic Protection.
- Re the MIC question, the technical side remains unclear to me. With a 50 Mo forder, I'll get an Espionage' image of 10 Go; and with a Mail folder of 12 Go, I'll get an Espionage' image of 120 Go - Wow, nice baby!
What would you suggest? Wouldn't be easiest to tune the MIC according to the size of each folder of concern? What would then be - if that's a acceptable solution - the good size margin?
Thanks! Fred

greg

Quote from: "fred"- Re the MIC question, the technical side remains unclear to me. With a 50 Mo forder, I'll get an Espionage' image of 10 Go; and with a Mail folder of 12 Go, I'll get an Espionage' image of 120 Go - Wow, nice baby!

This does not mean that the size of the Mail folder will be 120GB, just that it can grow up to 120GB before it will need to be resized.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

fred

Got it! Thanks Greg!