Using to encrypt "Pictures" folder

Started by ricardsonwilliams, October 14, 2010, 02:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricardsonwilliams

Hi Guys,

I'm evaluate Espionage I found really interesting for my needs. I have very big "Pictures" folder(i'm photographer) around 75GB and I have my backup in TM and external usb disk using Chronosync, my question is:  I can use the same way as I using today? So encrypt "Pictures" and use TM + Chronosync for backup??

Thanks,
Ricardson Williams

greg

Quote from: "ricardsonwilliams"I'm evaluate Espionage I found really interesting for my needs. I have very big "Pictures" folder(i'm photographer) around 75GB and I have my backup in TM and external usb disk using Chronosync, my question is:  I can use the same way as I using today? So encrypt "Pictures" and use TM + Chronosync for backup??

Yes, you can use TM and ChronoSync (in fact we encourage supplementing Espionage's backups with another backup solution, the more the merrier!), but you may want to check our Tips forum for advice on both of those as well (just some things to keep in mind).
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

ricardsonwilliams

Quote from: "greg"
Quote from: "ricardsonwilliams"I'm evaluate Espionage I found really interesting for my needs. I have very big "Pictures" folder(i'm photographer) around 75GB and I have my backup in TM and external usb disk using Chronosync, my question is:  I can use the same way as I using today? So encrypt "Pictures" and use TM + Chronosync for backup??

Yes, you can use TM and ChronoSync (in fact we encourage supplementing Espionage's backups with another backup solution, the more the merrier!), but you may want to check our Tips forum for advice on both of those as well (just some things to keep in mind).

Thanks Greg! and about the folder size? just change "MIC" in Preferences ? the default is 10G so just change to 100G ? have any performance impact to use a big folder?

I use espionage to crypt one folder size 3.96GB and the images created was 4.5GB... 500MB bigger... its normal?

I just crypt the "Mail Application" and after that when I open Safari ask a password... I suspect its because Espionage crypt the "SyncServices" Folder......

Thanks!

greg

Quote from: "ricardsonwilliams"Thanks Greg! and about the folder size? just change "MIC" in Preferences ? the default is 10G so just change to 100G ? have any performance impact to use a big folder?

You don't need to change the MIC (details).

QuoteI use espionage to crypt one folder size 3.96GB and the images created was 4.5GB... 500MB bigger... its normal?

That doesn't sound too bad, yes, that's probably normal (though a little on the high side as far as overhead goes).

QuoteI just crypt the "Mail Application" and after that when I open Safari ask a password... I suspect its because Espionage crypt the "SyncServices" Folder......

The SyncServices folder should be set to be autounlocked when you login, and it should remain unlocked the entire time you're logged in. Then you won't be prompted to enter a password when you launch Safari (because SyncServices will be unlocked).

ricardsonwilliams

I just had a problem in "Mail Application" after use for sometime the "Espionage" get slow and the Mail its not working anymore, after I remove from "espionage" the Mail come back to work. If you need any debug from here please let me know, I want to use like I said before but I'm still doesn't feel safe....

greg

Quote from: "ricardsonwilliams"I just had a problem in "Mail Application" after use for sometime the "Espionage" get slow and the Mail its not working anymore, after I remove from "espionage" the Mail come back to work. If you need any debug from here please let me know, I want to use like I said before but I'm still doesn't feel safe....

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "'Espionage' get slow and the Mail its not working anymore", could you provide more specific details?