Protecting Firefox

Started by cgc, December 15, 2012, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgc

Hello, I'm running Espionage 2.8.13 and Firefox 17.01 in OSX Lion 10.7.5.  I just configured Espionage to protect Firefox using the Firefox Application Template but when I tried opening Firefox it asked me to select a profile.  I don't have any Firefox profiles and don't know what to do.  Are Espionage 2 and Firefox 17 compatible and if so how do I get them to play nicely?  Thanks.

zsolt

Hello,
This problem usually happens when Firefox cannot find it's preferences and profile data. Your profile data is created when you start up Firefox for the first time, but after you add it to Espionage, the data is encrypted, so if it is not decrypted at the moment Firefox starts, it will assume there is no profile data and ask you to select one.

Please do two things:
- try to unlock firefox protected folders from Espionage manually, before you launch Firefox, and once unlocked, try to launch Firefox and see if it works#
- collect me the diagnostic report data as written here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=434 and send it over to me.

Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

cgc

Thanks.  I emailed the report as requested.  This isn't really an error but it seems Espionage isn't decrypting the profile prior to Firefox requesting access to the data within.  If I decrypt the two Firefox folders prior to opening Firefox it opens normally.

zsolt

Hello, now I remembered what was the trick.
Thanks for the test.
Right click onto Firefox application and select show contents, then go into Contents folder, MacOS and there you will see a file named firefox and firefox-bin
Now open the Espionage, select the firefox, and click on edit application association, you will see the firefox there, just add the firefox-bin too and then give it another try.

Thanks
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

cgc

That did it.  BTW, there are two folders that must be associated to the binaries within the Firefox package.  Thanks.

zsolt

Great to hear it works now...which 2 folders do you refer to?
Thanks
Zsolt

smithk

We always have one problem with Firefox browser that they suddenly stop working and show crash report message...?? what am i doing
http://lifetimecoupons.com/

zsolt

Is the Firefox protected with Espionage?
If it is, I suggest unprotecting it first and see if the problem persists. If it does, then it is not an Espionage problem. The reason I'm taking this approach is that an app can crash for many reasons, so I would like to exclude Espionage as a reason first.

Rgds
Zsolt

marioz

Quote from: "zsolt"Is the Firefox protected with Espionage?
If it is, I suggest unprotecting it first and see if the problem persists. If it does, then it is not an Espionage problem. The reason I'm taking this approach is that an app can crash for many reasons, so I would like to exclude Espionage as a reason first.

Rgds
Zsolt

Yes dear it it perfect for Espionage.. i try it many times

zsolt

Is there anything I can help you with?
Rgds
Zsolt