Forgotten my espionage password

Started by aurora, September 06, 2009, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zsolt

Hello, sorry not sure what you are trying to achieve.
Pls clarify.
Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support

exup

Hey Zsolt,
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm having the same problem as described by the starter of this thread : Forgot Master PW, but do remember folder PWs.
So I followed Greg's instructions:

Chose "Go to Folder..."
and pasted his
QuoteCode: Select all
    ~/Library/Application Support

But this only returned a message: "Folder not found"
As I wasn't sure about the copying of the double liner, I tried different ways, erasing the spaces between "Select all" and the following  tilde. To no avail.
Any hints?
(OS X 10.8.2., Espionage 2.8.13)
Thanks in advance,
Exup

zsolt

Hello, Espionage keeps it's metadata stuff in the folder home folder/Library/Application Support/Espionage.
In Mountain Lion the Library subfolder in your home folder is hidden, so to access it, hold down the option (alt) key and select in Finders "Go" menu the "Library". Once you are in the Library you can navigate further into Application Support subfolder.
Rename the Espionage into Espionage.orig and log out and log back in. Launch Espionage and it should start with a default setup steps.
Here you can set the Master Password again.

But this will not bring you back the folders you protected before, if there are any.

So if you need to restore some data too, then let me know and I will write you further steps.

Rgds
Zsolt
Follow @espionageapp on twitter for news! | For general Mac support, please visit Mac Me Support