One More Question

Started by rrsears, April 22, 2009, 05:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrsears

Hi. I have another question regarding the action of Espionage. I choose not to open two of my programs that I have set up under Espionage--Home Inventory and Quicken. It's constantly asking me to put the password in to access these programs even though most of the time I don't want to open them up. First it says Path Finder wants to open them and then it says Quicksilver wants to open them. How can I set Espionage up so that it will ask me for the password ONLY when I WANT to open these programs up. Thanks!

Rick

greg

While there's currently no way to specify that a folder only be opened by a specific application, Espionage has an ignore list that should be used to solve these sorts of problems.  I would recommend adding QuickSilver to the blacklist, you can do this from within Espionage or directly from the password prompt by clicking on the button in the lower-left:

As for Path Finder, there are several things to check:

1) Check its View Options (Command+J) and make sure that "Calculate All Sizes" is turned off for all of the parent folders of the folder in question.
2) If you're using List View, then make sure that the disclosure triangle for that folder is set to the "closed" position.

If that doesn't help, see if you can find a pattern to what sorts of scenarios cause it to appear.  However, please keep in mind that for now we do not officially support Path Finder, as we've so far been focusing our development efforts on ensuring complete Finder integration. The good news though is that we do plan on improving Path Finder support in future versions, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

rrsears

Greg, I Blacklisted both Quicksilver and Path Finder and it worked beautifully. The password dialog box came up only when I requested those programs. I guess I should've read the Help Screen, huh! (Duh!) Thanks a lot for all your help.

Rick

greg

No problem! :-)
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!