Problems with LaunchBar

Started by TomEck, April 30, 2010, 05:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomEck

Perhaps that is a silly question but could it be that encrypted but unlocked folders are not "visible" for LaunchBar (LB)? LB does indexing locked (encrypted) folders (so I can find them through LB) but as soon as a folder is unlocked it disappears from LB.

Thanks,
T.

greg

When the folder is unlocked it's replaced with a symbolic link (an alias), and it's possible that LB doesn't index those. If you can, you might try telling LB manually (if this is possible) to index the symbolic links (while the folders are unlocked), otherwise you could contact the folks at Objective Development with an enhancement request.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

TomEck

Actually, I doubt that this is the problem because LB does index aliases. I just double checked this. A manually created alias was immediately detected by LB. Maybe I should ask Norbert from Objective Development.

greg

It may be useful to ask specifically about symbolic links, as they are not the same as aliases (such as the ones you can create by right-clicking on a file and choosing "Make Alias"), though they serve the same purpose.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

nomolo

I have all my Espionage encrypted folders indexed with LaunchBar and they work fine. I just added each manually to the LaunchBar Index, by first making all invisible files visible, locating each unlocked Espionage folder and then dragging and dropping it into the LaunchBar Index.