Path Finder integration

Started by Anonymous, April 01, 2010, 04:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I am using Path Finder with Espionage and have enabled the "Path Finder compatibility mode" option in Espionage.  Whenever I open Mail, which I have encrypted, Path Finder opens the Mail and Mail Downloads folders though only rarely should anyone need in them.  Is there a way to disable this behavior?

Also, when I have an encrypted folder unlocked, it does not show the disk image icon on the desktop which is good (I am using the Path Finder desktop).  However, the disk image does show up as a connected drive in the PathFinder sidebar.  I would like it to not show up there, because as far as the user is concerned, it is just a folder and not a disk image.

greg

Quote from: "jeffhatz"I am using Path Finder with Espionage and have enabled the "Path Finder compatibility mode" option in Espionage.  Whenever I open Mail, which I have encrypted, Path Finder opens the Mail and Mail Downloads folders though only rarely should anyone need in them.  Is there a way to disable this behavior?

I'm not sure I understand what exactly is occurring. You're saying that when you open Mail and the folders are unlocked, new Path Finder windows are created all of a sudden that point to these folders?

If so, I would ask about this on the Cocoatech forums, as they would be better able to assist you with this.

QuoteAlso, when I have an encrypted folder unlocked, it does not show the disk image icon on the desktop which is good (I am using the Path Finder desktop).  However, the disk image does show up as a connected drive in the PathFinder sidebar.  I would like it to not show up there, because as far as the user is concerned, it is just a folder and not a disk image.

You should be able to hide those by using the little wheel icon in the lower left-hand corner of the window, which will bring up the "Hide Devices" menu.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Anonymous

QuoteI'm not sure I understand what exactly is occurring. You're saying that when you open Mail and the folders are unlocked, new Path Finder windows are created all of a sudden that point to these folders?
Yes, that is correct.
When I open other disk images, Path Finder has never opened a new window and display them.  Given that, it seems as though Espionage is sending a request to Path Finder to open the new windows.

Thanks for the tip for removing the drives from the sidebar – works well!

greg

Quote from: "jeffhatz"
QuoteI'm not sure I understand what exactly is occurring. You're saying that when you open Mail and the folders are unlocked, new Path Finder windows are created all of a sudden that point to these folders?
Yes, that is correct.
When I open other disk images, Path Finder has never opened a new window and display them.  Given that, it seems as though Espionage is sending a request to Path Finder to open the new windows.

Espionage sends no such request, it simply mounts the disk images, and it does this actually in a fairly discrete way. I would definitely suggest asking the Cocoatech guys about this, and you can let them know that if they need any assistance from our end they're free to contact us.
Follow @espionageapp@twitter.com or @espionage@mstdn.io for news and updates!

Anonymous

Thanks!  I will be letting them know.